This post contains affiliate links of which I may receive a small compensation from sales. Please refer to my Affiliate Disclosure and Earnings Disclaimer for details.
Do you want to become a Blogger and get paid for it?
Have you heard Wealthy Affiliate is the Best Community for Purposeful Bloggers?
Are you searching for The Wealthy Affiliate Review?
Are you wanting to know if Wealthy Affiliate is Real or a Scam?
Are you tired of sifting through ‘fake’ or ‘misinformed’ reviews?
Look no further
But… Attention: This is NOT a magic pill or a Get Rich Quick Scheme
This service is of high quality and it works. However, as with most things, it is what you do with the education, resources and connections provided that determines your outcomes.
Fake Wealthy Affiliate Reviews
Unfortunately, there are misinformed people online reviewing Wealthy Affiliate incorrectly. Sadly, many of these reviews are written by those that haven’t actually tried out the community. Which is crazy because it is easy enough to do with the free, Starter level membership. But I’ll share more about that later.
For example, there are misinformed reviews claiming Wealthy Affiliate is a Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) business structure. I am here to tell you that this is false. I know that this is false because one of my business interests (sharing essential oils) is with an MLM structure.
Wealthy Affiliate does not claim to be an MLM structure. It is an affiliate marketing structure. What this means is when someone clicks an affiliate link from a review, the affiliate marketer may receive a commission. I say may because if you join as a Starter (free) membership there are no commissions paid for this referral until the new Starter member upgrades to Premium (paid) membership.
In addition, other misinformed reviews claim current Wealthy Affiliate members don’t tell you how much work is needed to succeed at affiliate marketing. I am here to tell you that the Super Affiliates (those making serious money online) are very clear about how much work and effort you need to put into this model for it to work. Therefore reviews that claim this again are false.
Fleur Allen Current Wealthy Affiliate Member (since April 2017)
But there is an important point before I begin my review. I can assure you that as a current member since April 2017 I am well informed to write this review. Plus with over 10 years of business experience, I can tell you that this service is real and it works. Win/Win!
So with so much business experience why did I join Wealthy Affiliate? All the businesses I had achieved success in where from one geographical area, my hometown, Perth, Western Australia. In 2017, I simply set myself a new business goal: to achieve outside this local geographical area. What I know and teach is transferable online so that’s when I began researching on google for an online community with an education focus on online marketing.
I found several options of which I joined a few on their free membership levels. It is Wealthy Affiliate that I stuck with. One of the major reasons is the paying forward mentality within the online community. This is real and sincere and the initial reason why I joined. The reason why I have stayed is for these same reasons (education and networking with experts) but also the web hosting, keyword research tool, site support, site content platform, free image library and much more.
Review Update 24 October 2018
Seriously could Wealthy Affiliate get any better? Yes! 13th September 2018, they announced a major upgrade of the full website being converted to mobile responsive forms. Remembering this business has been around since 2005 and mobile responsive design wasn’t a need or an important consideration back then due to our use of web browsing was mainly from desk tops and laptops rather than mobile devices.
But instead of creating a mobile app for the business with limited functionality the founders Carson and Kyle made the decision to upgrade and convert the full website. Wow! Here is Carson explaining the technical aspects of this upgrade far better than I can: Wealthy Affiliate Has Gone Mobile! But wait there’s more…
Plus in October there has been a MAJOR upgrade to the SiteComments platform. However, I’ll share this upgrade for those that join as a free Starter member at Wealthy Affiliate because it needs to be understood with in the context of the whole membership offering.
Review Update 5 September 2018
25th July 2018 I achieved an indirect goal of mine to achieve Ambassador member (Ranks 1 to 25) of Wealthy Affiliate. When I joined Wealthy Affiliate I was both in awe of the Ambassador members but also grateful for all the support
I was receiving as a new and continuing member. But I soon realised that to be an Ambassador member was not going to meet my objective of necessarily earning an income from my blog. Don’t get me wrong, many of the Ambassador members are Super Affiliates in their own right but they all emphasise to make your income goals a priority before seeking Ambassador ranking. This is the advice I followed. As I was writing and learning and progressing on my own journey I succeeded in ranking higher. Therefore as a byproduct of me seeking my Super Affiliate goal I achieved Ambassador rank. Nice!
But now my goal and focus are to achieve Super Affiliate status. This is to achieve 100 referral sales in 4 months. To achieve this I have set the Marathon Blog challenge of writing 100 posts in 122 days. I am on track having written my 4th post on day 5 and plan to write another today. It is too early to tell if I will achieve the Super Affiliate goal of 100 referral sales but whatever the outcome I know I will be closer to achieving this. Do I believe I can do it? Yes. Would you like to join me? Read more about it here on my blog post Learn How to be a Become a Super Affiliate – only 100 Sales. Therefore I’m not only focused on ‘doing the work’ but also to visualising and feeling the emotion of what it will be like when I do achieve it.
Review Updated 9 July 2018
This Review has most recently been updated on 9 July 2018. I update this review reasonably regularly because there are regular updates and improvements to the Wealthy Affiliate platform. There is no price increase with these improvements either.
Wealthy Affiliate Upgrades
- May 2018 Platform layout upgrade
- March 2018 Easier access to the Free Image Library via Site Content and WA blog
- January 2018 Can view speed to view video training on platform 1 x – 2x
- November 2017 Site Content platform major upgrade
At the time of this update, I am ranked within the Top 50 members at Wealthy Affiliate. I share the screenshot of my profile above so you can get a look and feel of what it is like inside the Wealthy Affiliate platform.
As you can see from the image the left-hand side menu bar gives you access to all the great services available. Please note, I am a Premium (paid) member therefore if you’re a Starter member this layout may look slightly different. More about that later… now for my informed review:
Wealthy Affiliate Review Outcome = Real
Product Reviewed is Wealthy Affiliate membership
Overall Ranking: 4.5/5
Price: Free or $49 per month or $359 per annum (Join Here)
Owners: Kyle Loudoun and Carson Lim
This review will cover:
- What Wealthy Affiliate is not
- Pros/ConsKyle Loudoun
- Who is it for
- Training/Tools Overview
- Price + Bonus
- What People Say
- Final Opinion/Verdict
Wealthy Affiliate Review – Introduction
Wealthy Affiliate is an online community of 800,000+ online entrepreneurs that began in 2005. This is a membership structured business.
As the name suggests you are trained in affiliate marketing. With this knowledge are you also capable of promoting any product or service including your own? Therefore it is ideal an ideal resource to use to turn your passion into a purposeful online business.
This community has helped over 1 Million entrepreneurs since 2005. The company is passionate about providing a service that helps members and a service that their members love.
The fundamentals of online marketing that are taught are:
- Choosing your audience
- Focus on your niche audience’s needs
- How to create a website
- How and Why to blog
- Choosing a domain name
- Understanding and applying Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) principles
- Problem shooting and much more
As a life-long learner, myself and teacher and trainer for the past 30+ years. Teaching and mentoring entrepreneurs in this community is one way I utilise my membership. In addition, it is the free tools and services that are included in this membership that take it to an incredible level in terms of value for money rather than a cost to your business.
As an aside, Wealthy Affiliate members often refer to the community as WA for short.
What is included:
- Keyword tool
- SEO Training
- Affiliate Marketing Training
- How to choose our business niche Training
- How to Build and Structure a website Training
- Website hosting
- Exceptional IT support (the best I have ever experienced and I have left 2 major organisations due to this issue)
- Ease of setting up and integrating email
- One click website builder
- As I’ve already mentioned hundreds of educational courses, especially on all things SEO and WordPress and Affiliate Marketing.
Wealthy Affiliate is Not:
- A Multi-Level Marketing business structure
- Does not promote providing Scam reviews for its competitors
- A Get Rich Quick Scheme
- An active, sincere community of real entrepreneurs of varying experience levels.
- Step by step training on how to create and market your business online
- As it is a global community there is always someone online from around the globe able to answer questions quickly through live chat. Therefore you’re not limited if needing to rely on support networks closed due to bank (or public) holidays or even out of hours.
- Web hosting and free SSL included in subscription for multiple websites
- Access to purchasing and managing your domain names in one platform. I have created short training on How to Transfer Your Domain Name to Wealthy Affiliate contact me if you’d like the link to the training?
- One click easy set-up for multiple WordPress websites and
- Active engagement daily from the leaders of the organisation providing personal support
- Name of business ‘Wealthy Affiliate’ may turn some people off.
- Due to the comprehensive amount of training available initially, this can be confusing or overwhelming
- This is minor, however, I prefer navigation to be on the right-hand side of a web page. Their main navigation menu is on the left-hand side.
- Easy to get distracted by conversations and helping others when you have planned to work on your own sites. However, a con common to most online communities and forums. Therefore, you just need to have a disciplined approach. Here is a training within this community on how to consistently take action to succeed.
- You need to work for this affiliate marketing model to be successful. This is not a get rich quick scheme.
WHO IT IS FOR
- Beginners in business
- Beginners in online marketing and blogging
- Bloggers seeking education on Search Engine Optimisation strategies that work
- Entrepreneurs seeking a cost-effective, one-stop platform to host multiple websites
- Experienced entrepreneurs that seek greater success in online marketing
- Experienced entrepreneurs seeking an online community for support with like-minded people
Full training is included. You require a disciplined approach, commitment and motivation yourself to complete the training. Or have a staff member to learn and implement the training on your behalf.
Here is an example of the training available. This sample is on how to get a new website up and running fast.
You may also like to take a quick look inside Wealthy Affiliate on this short video tour of a new Starter (Free) membership:
Yes, support is available 7 days a week 24 hours a day. Site support at Wealthy Affiliate is like no other that I have ever experienced. Always professional and always very quick.
There are different types of support available:
- Site Support, the best I’ve ever experienced, read more detail in this post
- Questions to the whole WA community
- Live Chat, as it is a global community there is someone online to help 24/7 and
- Private message experienced members or those you have built a relationship with for individual support
PRICE + BONUS
There is a FREE option to use the service. This is a great way to try out the community 100% risk-free. Frankly, what have you got to lose? However, please don’t be disappointed that you don’t receive full access to this level membership. When you upgrade to Premium level this is when you receive access to all areas of the community.
When you join I will welcome you and show you how you can get started fast either as a Starter or Premium member!
A great incentive to upgrade to a paid (Premium) account within the first 7 days for USD$19 (instead of $49) for the first month. USD$49 per month thereafter or else USD$359 per annum.
Bonus – My Gift to You
There are hours of quality training at Wealthy Affiliate, however, I am a specialist in creating short (under 10 mins) training at Wealthy Affiliate specifically for those new to the community. I will give you FULL ACCESS to these when you upgrade to a Premium paid account.
Please view the chart below to see the real differences between the Starter (Free) and Premium (Paid) memberships levels. Plus once you’re a Premium member there are no further upsells or upgrades. Yes, I speak the truth!!! You can get on with focusing on building your Purposeful online business without worrying about continual sales pitches.
I am available to support and mentor you when you decide to become a member at no extra cost to you. Simply click the Join here link above and Let’s Go!
What People Say About Wealth Affiliate Click here for Reviews from Members
Wealthy Affiliate Review = Real
I highly recommend all entrepreneurs interested in greater online marketing success to take advantage of the Starter (free) membership level to try out this service first hand.
I came across the service while researching online, tried it out and upgraded within the first 7 days. I have been a Premium (paid) member since April 2017 and I have loved it ever since.
I encourage you to take a moment now and write down what you are seeking what you are looking for. Once you’ve done this then go to this page and compare what Wealthy Affiliate provides with what you are seeking. If you’re unsure then create a free Starter account that way you have no risk. This account can stay free forever if you choose. Plus when you do upgrade you are not locked in you can cancel and leave at any time.
With consistent effort what is taught at Wealthy Affiliate absolutely does work? But if you’re looking for a Get Rich Quick Scheme this is not the right fit for you.