What is Word Swag?
Do You Need the Best Text Photo App?
This Word Swag App Review gives you an introduction to how it is the Best Text Photo App
I came across Word Swag in November 2016. Back then it cost me $7.99 and I believe it is still available for a once off payment of less than $10. I had been trially a few other options during the previous 3 months such as Over Photo & Video Editor, Adobe Lightroom, Quick – add text to photos fast and Canva. But the one I stuck with and resonated the best with me and for my purposes was Word Swag. I took the plunge and paid my $7.99 and have thoroughly enjoyed using the app on a daily basis since. What do I use it for?
- To create weekly affirmations I share on this blog and social media
- To add titles to inspiring images from my personal travels and add to my personal Instagram account (you know capturing that ‘Instagram moment’) and
- Creating image banners for my blog posts
Word Swag App Review Outcome – Legit
Product Reviewed is Word Swag. Overall Ranking: 4.8/5
Price: Free or $7.99 once off payment for Premium Available for iOS and Android Website: WordSwag.co
Remember that Word Swag is only available from for mobile devices and not PCs or desktops or laptops. As their website says ‘It’s like having a graphic designer in your pocket’. Therefore it does not meet the expectations of a full software graphic design program such as Adobe Photoshop. For more of a discussion on this topic go to the recent blog post: ‘How to Put Text on Photos‘.
This review will include:
- Walk Through Video
- Who it is for
- Best Text Photo App Overview
- Final Opinion/Verdict
Walk Through Video
For this WordSwag Review, I have created a screen video on showing you how to use word swag:
- Simple app to use
- Low once off cost
- Free photos included
- 100s of font styles included
- Ability to change all font colors
- Some affirmations and quotes also included
- Can add text to your own photos
- Limited capability – cannot compare to full graphic design programs
- Sometimes difficult to initially click into edit text
- Sometimes confusing if it has remembered your previous design instead of starting from the beginning
WHO IT IS FOR
This is a great product for:
- Professional Bloggers
- E-commerce websites
- Website owners
- Social Media Marketers
- Health and Well Being professionals sharing affirmations and quotes
BEST TEXT PHOTO APP OVERVIEW
Word swag is a mobile app where you’re able to edit photos and pictures which is fantastic and really helpful if you want to do promotions or affirmations and the like. The above video show what it looks like when you open the app after you’ve downloaded it. What is great about Word Swag is you can use either the free photos that are included in the app or you can create or your own photos. I show you how to do both in the video. Here is a screenshot of some examples on Instagram: In addition, all the images used on our Monday Motivation quotes page have been created using Word Swag.
The main advantage of using an editor like Word Swag is you own the copyright of the images you create. Therefore you have permission to use them on your blog, website, social media or email newsletters. You don’t have to worry about getting permission to use copyright of images because you’ve created them yourself. And if you used them either on free stock images that you have permission to use or your own images again you have copyright permission to use.
This app is great to use to put text over the top of photos such as if you want to do basic titles and things like that. It doesn’t replace a graphic designer but it’s helpful for this day and age of Instagram and want to share quotes and affirmations and things like. The app has a small cost, under $10 but it’s a once-off cost. It’s really worthwhile. In the video, I demonstrate how to use the app and show you: the photos that are included in when you signup.
- Choose/change the format of the image, for example, square or rectangle etc
- You then double tap on the text to edit. Sometimes it can be a bit tricky to access so just persist. I don’t know why sometimes it’s easy and sometimes it’s tricky but you literally double tap on the text and then it goes to the editor and then you can add in whatever you want to say. For example, I wanted to create an image for my current 100 blog post challenge which I’ve given myself, which I think I’ve got 85 to go in something like 70 days, so wish me luck on that one!
- Then choose the colour of your text design first because that changes in the style.
- Next, go into style. Here I scroll through and show you some different styles and what they look like. Within the Styles there are the numbers one, two, three, four, five so there are five versions of each style. There are multitudes of variations so I then go through and show you some examples of how different the formatting already provided in the app are.
- Once you make a decision you save it then it goes save directly to your camera roll on your mobile.
- Then I send it to my computer or just post on social media directly from my phone depending on what I’m doing.
Please note, you can also use your own image, something you’ve already. You can also take a photo in the app too.
TRAINING/ SUPPORT OVERVIEW
There is training support within in the app under the menu item More. Including a video tutorial and a link to a list of Frequently Asked Questions which are also available on their website.
From my point of view, I haven’t used support until now when I was researching this article. I have managed to work out most functions from the app through trial and error. However, now that I’ve found the FAQs taking 5 minutes to scan through these will fast-track any new user to this app and therefore is of benefit. But in the context that this app is not difficult to use. Which is its main appeal to novice designers or experienced designers that just want to use an effective product ‘on the go’.
There is a free option to try out the service plus a once off paid level
Join here Word Swag
Best Text Photo App Review Outcome – Legit
In summary, this app I have used on a daily basis for over 2 years. I use it for all my blog posts to create feature images and also my weekly motivational quote that I share every Monday on this blog and my social media networks.
I welcome you to share your experiences using text photo apps including Word Swag in the comments below so we can all learn together what the best product us for each of our individual needs: